Sunday, May 31, 2020

Where else should I go?

بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمـَنِ الرَّحِيمِ
تُو کَریمِ مُطلَق و مَن گَدا، چِه کُنی جُز این‌کِه بِخوانی‌اَم؟ دَرِ دیگَری بِنُما کِه مَن بِه کُجا رَوَم چُو بِرانی‌اَم؟

Meaning

You are the Epitome of Generosity and I am a beggar

What else can You do but invite me to Your door?

Or show me another door that I can head for

That I can go to, if You shoo me away

Language

Persian/Farsi

Transliteration

Tu Kareem-e-Mutlaq wa Man Gada

Che Kunee Juz Een Ki Bkhwaani Am

Dare Deegar-e BNuma ke Man

BKuja Rawam Choon Barani Am

Video/Audio

Open the video on YouTube

Brief Explanation

A true believer is a devout worshipper and knows their relationship with a Benevolent and Generous Lord, and does not wish to go anywhere else except to stay at the door of the Beloved.

Background

This couplet by Mirza Abdul Qadir Bedil is a prayer, and at the same time a declaration of humility and faithfulness, while appealing to the Generosity of the Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment.

Müsülmânlar Zamâne Yatlu Oldı: Yunus Emre on a Corrupt Age and Sincere Repentance

Old Anatolian Turkish · historical script · pronunciation · translation · commentary Textual note The script is best cal...